Thursday, October 25, 2007

Welcome to Love Good Food!

The food reviews in my head are finally coming alive! Thanks for checking out this new blog featuring reviews of natural and organic foods found at your local market or at specialty stores such as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc.

If you've ever wanted to ask other shoppers in the market, "have you tried this?" and "did you like it?" this is the place for you.

A sucker for good marketing copy and a pretty picture on food packaging, I am willing to try anything that I can convince myself is trending toward healthy (a big NO to anything with partially hydrogenated oils and it takes something really special with corn syrup to get into my pantry). Some might call these convenience foods, snacks, or trash, but most of the time we call them tasty. Now, with that said, I am a firm believer in cooking from scratch and believe that the majority of dinners I serve my family should be made from fresh ingredients. But, truthfully, we all know that packaged items come in handy and I feel comfortable knowing that the items I choose are made with real ingredients, not a two-inch-long list of chemicals I can't pronounce.

My job here is to share my great finds with you, and I hope you will share yours with me.

No comments: